Blank column not showing in pivot table set

stevenvd

I have a calculated field Blank:=BLANK()
The only purpose of this field is to insert a blank column in my pivot table. This works fine.
But when I create a set of the pivot table the blank column disappears while in the MDX statement it shows the blank column.

I formatted the blank field with FORMAT(BLANK(),"") and then it shows the blank column in the set. Now this causes another problem. I am showing products and product series. If I do this formatting than it shows for every product all the product series (so also from the other products). I do not want this either.

MDX statement (partial):
{([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Canada],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Europe (Includes Africa)],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Latin America],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag India],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag Middle East],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag Russia],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].[All],[Measures].[Blank]),([Market_G

I have tried a lot but nothing worked. If someone knows a solution, that would be so great cause I'm lost.

Thanks,

Steven

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

stevenvd

I found a solution.
I just created a calculated column =0
This works fine.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BNR_ 1980

This Week's Hot Topics