Blank column not showing in pivot table set

stevenvd

I have a calculated field Blank:=BLANK()
The only purpose of this field is to insert a blank column in my pivot table. This works fine.
But when I create a set of the pivot table the blank column disappears while in the MDX statement it shows the blank column.

I formatted the blank field with FORMAT(BLANK(),"") and then it shows the blank column in the set. Now this causes another problem. I am showing products and product series. If I do this formatting than it shows for every product all the product series (so also from the other products). I do not want this either.

MDX statement (partial):
{([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Canada],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Europe (Includes Africa)],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Latin America],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag India],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag Middle East],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].&[Mag Russia],[Measures].[Operating Expenses Marketing]),([Market_Groups].[Market].[All],[Measures].[Blank]),([Market_G

I have tried a lot but nothing worked. If someone knows a solution, that would be so great cause I'm lost.

Thanks,

Steven

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back