Blank Dates on report

DKEXCEL

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

I have setup a qry and rpt to create a weekly schedule for our installers.

I select a from and to date and the qry pulls date between these two dates and generates a report.

The report however only shows a date header if there was a job found for that day. We want this to print out a header for all dates withing the selected range regarless of wether or not the qry finds a job.

I am a novice but am slowly learning....

I have copied pics of the relevant parts. hopefully this is helpful..
\
1625545529015.png

1625545614806.png

1625545727276.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You're wanting to manufacture records where there are none - not the easiest thing do do IMO. I can only imagine a table (tblDateRange) and code or query that first deletes all records in the table then takes the begin and end date values from the form and manufactures a record for each day in that range. You join that table to the one(s) behind the report query and do an outer join so that you get all records from tblDateRange plus those from ServiceList that match. If your db is split and shared, you cannot have tblDateRange in the back end as every subsequent user will be deleting these records when they attempt to open the report. It would have to be in each user front end.

It seems odd that someone wants to see a value that has no related information rather than deduce that there just isn't a job on the days that don't show, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back