Blank result instead of #N/A

foxtrapperscott

Good evening, I am looking for a formula that will do a vlookup to find a value on a different worksheet call "jan" that will return a result a blank cell if the description isn't found. Currently it gives me a result of #N/A.

I have an example to post, but I don't see the option to send an attachment. I thought there use to be that option.

Any help with the formula would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hey Scott,

Couple of questions:

• What is the current VLOOKUP formula, and
• What version of Excel are you using

Robert

Upvote 0
=if(isna(funciton, "", function)

Or, you can also highlight a range, hit ctrl+g, alt+s, f, u,x,g <enter> - then hit control + delete That will delete only cells where there is an error.

HTH,
Roger

Edit: If you have 2007 or greater, you can use IFERROR(function, "")

Upvote 0
Thanks for your quick response. the current formula is, <TABLE style="WIDTH: 50pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=66><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2413" width=66><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 50pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl65 height=21 width=66>=VLOOKUP(A6,Jan!A7:B69,2,FALSE)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 50pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=66><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2413" width=66><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 50pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl65 height=21 width=66 align=center></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
version 2007

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have also tried this formula,<TABLE style="WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=102><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3730" width=102><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 77pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl63 height=21 width=102>"=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(A30,Jan!$A$7:$B$69,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP('P&L Data'!A30,Jan!$A$7:$B$69,2,FALSE))</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back