block duplicate entries in web excel

chipsworld

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I am looking for a solution to a request I was given.

We have team that uses the web based excel 365 and they want the sheet to provide a pop-up or something to eliminate the opportunity for duplicate entries in a single column ("A"). The entries are all numeric.
Is it even possible to set VBA in the web version? The spreadsheet is being managed through Teams, and I can't see how to even open the DEV tab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
see Working with vba in web version

There are two good ways of doing this : one is to restrict entry by using a userform. Then after the user enters the number in the textbox and wants to exit the textbox (to press a button or so) the TextBox1_Exit sub should check to see if the number is a duplicate. If so return the user back to the textbox with an errormessage about the duplicate.

The other is to have the user enter the data in the sheet. In the worksheet module you can program the same system as described above by using the selection_change sub.

If you need more help on this, let me know. But first you will need to be able to edit the workbook on desktop Excel!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back