Blocking sheet

flow

Hey ya'll,

i am looking for a savety fuction for my worksheet. I want different security levels within the sheet, which means, if a seller in the company tries to give the customer 60 days of payment time, bu the is only allwed to grant 30 days, the sheet should block and he needs a master password to unblock (or unlock) the sheet. Even better would be that he can't even select above 30 days, so in this case a message would pop up and tell him that he is not allowd.

Can anybody help me with this problem.

P.S.: Maybe I can implement a macro into a IF funtion...(i am lacking the technical understanding though...! :confused: )

Thanks in advance ,

Flow

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Flow

How are you to determine the credit payment time for customer? If this can be resolved, then you could make the credit days a data validation cell, and have a restricted list of valid entries to select.

Tony

Upvote 0
Blocking Sheet

Thank u for the quick reply,

so far i solved the credit payment time with a combo box. The seller can choose the payment time in the list. Now, i want to give limitations to the list, like i stated before.
Actually, the problem starts with the entry page. I want the first sheet fuctioning as my entry page, where the seller has to fill his username and password in order to get to the 'Sales Entry Page'. I still don't know how to manage that.

In the end the level of granting payment terms should be determined by the level of the seller (by his username or password)

This would completely solve my problem...!

I would appreciate some help.

Flow

Upvote 0
Cause when i hide the sheets the information in their are hidden as well. Thus, I want the seller only to view a certain selection of sheets and hide or lock the others. The perfect idea would be that the seller can only view the 'Sales Entry Page' and 2 other sheets and the rest is hidden.

I don't know if that is possible, but that would be my perfect solution.

Upvote 0
Hi

Within the limits of Excel security, this type of thing can be done. Have a look at

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=182394&highlight=

This should give you some idea of how to use a login as the basis for selecting sheets in a workbook. If you have your sheets veryhidden, then it defeats the user opening up the file with no macros (as the sheets can't be seen, and you need the macros working to make their sheets available).

Does that give you any ideas?

Tony

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back