Board down for 17 hours?

chuckles1066

Banned
And no explanation?

Plus Google is flagging this site as dodgy?

Is there anything we need to know bearing in mind this is the second time that the board's been unavailable in the last couple of weeks?

I can put up with a hookie site because the info gleaned here is invaluable.......but at least let us know the true story?

Well I haven't been informed of the problem yet; but I suspect the same as last time. Please people, no conspiracy theories. The MrExcel admin team are not keeping secrets; they're just [really] busy! There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep this forum, the MrExcel store and all of the other MrExcel online bits running.

Last edited:
The forums tend only to be trawled frequently by the regulars and the moderators. Perhaps to get attention from the techies send an email to adminmsg[at]mrexcel[dot]com.

The techies are, and have been working on it. ;)

If you're continuing to have issues then we can forward them, but I'd probably start by clearing out all of your browser settings/cache/cookies, then restart the browser. That worked for me after the outage.

Still looking for the root cause. In the meantime, our bigger concerns remain member and visitor safety - not only the safety of their machines [and sanity], but their hard work as well. Unfortunately, I am not an easily satisfied sort when it comes to security issues. However, Google is showing us a 'clean bill of health' - and being the premier, primary vehicle for folks getting to the forum, I tend to give it my vote.

"Google has not detected any malware on this site."

I just got the google malware warning - 6:55 PM Pacific time 6/6/2012...

Hmmm, spelt 'repeatedly' wrong on the forum down message. :p

I also just got a warning when visiting the site using Chrome.

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back