Bob Phillips' CFMet VB/formula) returning #value error in 2007 that it didn't in 2003

James Bowman

Hello everyone,

Long time listener first time caller.

My office has just changed to office 2007 from 2003 and it has caused one of my spreadsheets to stop working.

It is a large spreadsheet filled with conditional formatting (of all kinds e.g. values and types of formulae). The conditional formatting highlights any cells that have a value (could be a number, date or string) that does not match with other values. We only need the rows with >= 1 highlighted cell.

I have been using Bob Phillips CFMet vb and formula successfully in excel 2003 (see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html#isitmet)
Though I must admit I couldn't get the range part further down to work so have been using an IF(OR(CFMet(a1),CFMet(B1),
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>TRUE</st1:stockticker>,FALSE) statement.

The issue that has reaked havoc is that since changing to excel 2007 the formulae (CFMet) is returning a #VALUE! error for any cell that has conditional formatting set, even if it is not satisfied.

Needless to say this has thrown a spanner in our integrity checks so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James B:confused:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back