Bold text within formula output

eSourceCity

See below screenshot. I need the output of a formula to bold particular words within the output. I have a very complex spreadsheet, but have used a simple example for clarity on whether or not is can be done without VBA/Macros.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Michael M

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I cannot access the image, but from what you have said, you will either have to use VBA or there may be a way with CF

mfexcel

I guess what you are asking is sth like:

="Sales of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"DD/MM/YYYY")&" is "&DOLLAR(A1)

Sales of 30/04/2014 is $100.00

However, there is no simple way in achieving that without VBA. If you are open for VBA solution, I think there will be VBA experts who can answer your question.

As a workaround without VBA:
You may consider using a text box to hold the value (need to be formatted); and then format the text box as desired. If you would like to give it a try, i may give you an example.

learningxl2010

I am also looking for same solution without VBA. Can you give an example.

I guess what you are asking is sth like:

="Sales of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"DD/MM/YYYY")&" is "&DOLLAR(A1)

Sales of 30/04/2014 is $100.00

However, there is no simple way in achieving that without VBA. If you are open for VBA solution, I think there will be VBA experts who can answer your question.

As a workaround without VBA:
You may consider using a text box to hold the value (need to be formatted); and then format the text box as desired. If you would like to give it a try, i may give you an example.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osama beskales

This Week's Hot Topics