Breaking a link

datadummy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need helping breaking a link. I have a file that is supposedly linked to another employees personal file on their computer and when I go into Edit Links and click break link and I get the pop up to break the link but then nothing seems to happen and the link still appears to be there. Any suggestions on how to break the link and remove it from the file?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Very very tricky. Links can exist in many things, not just formulas in a range. For example name definitions can have links, and even chart titles too! Also conditional formats, data validations, OnAction macros for buttons and other controls, pivot table formulas, etc.

The best thing to do is to search the help for "Formula Property", "Formula1 Property" and "Formula2 Property" to see how many different objects have some formula property.

Upvote 0
I went through and removed some of the data validations that were not necessary and then tried conducting the search that was recommended but didn't seem to point out anything that was helpful maybe I don't fully understand how to use that aspect... I'm wondering why when I open the edit link box that the so called linked worksheet under the status column says Error: Source not found, I think the user may have deleted the "linked" file could that be causing the issue why I am unable to break the link and remove it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back