breaking the connection from an Excel graph in a Powerpoint presentation

psyCohn

Office Version
  1. 2016
This should seem easy, but I cannot figure it out. I have a Powerpoint file with many Excel graphs in it. I need to be able to Email that to someone but eliminate their ability to bring up the source Excel file when right-click on the chart and select Edit Data/Edit Data in Excel. I know I can cut/paste-special the graph as a picture, but my .pptx file has > 100 graphs in it already. I password-protected the source Excel file, but the Powerpoint still let me bring up the file without having to use the pw. I also broke any/all links in the Powerpoint, but that didn't stop anything either. Please let me know if there is a way to eliminate someone's ability to pull up the source Excel file without me having to recreate my entire presentation.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Not an expert by any means, but aren't there ways you can protect the PowerPoint itself? At least in 365, I can go File → Info → Protect Presentation → Restrict access or Mark as Final. However, that's not a good option if you need people to be able to edit the ppt. You might also consider pasting the chart as a picture.

Upvote 0
Not an expert by any means, but aren't there ways you can protect the PowerPoint itself? At least in 365, I can go File → Info → Protect Presentation → Restrict access or Mark as Final. However, that's not a good option if you need people to be able to edit the ppt. You might also consider pasting the chart as a picture.
Thanks! And yes, you're correct on both points. We were finally able to a) break the links and b) password-protect the source file - both of those seemed to work, but pasting as a pitcture is the ultimate way to make sure...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back