Budget, Decreasing, remaining cell balance, distribution over multiple cells, formula and or VBA

DFWJoFoster

I am working on a budget with multiple account lines and with the potential for multiple line items. The distribution of funds also varies in monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, and roll over. I'm looking for a formula or formulas that will take the monthly total and carry it over to the next cell (of choice) as a positive or negative based on the amount. (Ex. $8,100 FY budget. I have $675 to spend each month. If I go over the $675, I want the next cell(s) to decrease to be evenly distributed the deficit. If I'm under the $675 the same rule applies but distributes the additional funds across multiple cells. Below are 2 accounts, with different fund allotment. D41=W54 | W54=SUM(W43:W53) | W43+SUM(K43:V43) and so on. Hopefully, this is enough information to work with. It's a real round about way of doing things, but that is how it is wanted.

1659872541074.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back