Budget Template

gpsurf

Board Regular
I have to put together a budget file for each department that will give them real time access to thier department data. I know how to put together most of what I need but I have been looking for resources that I could look at to get additional ideas. When searching Excel & budgets I get a ton of hits but they are all personal budget templates or websites. Does anyone know of any sites that have Corporate budgeting examples\templates? I know there are a lot of companies that are using excel as thier primary budgeting\forecasting tool. One other thing I am linking excel to Great Plains accounting software, so any info on that would be a bonus.

Thanks
GP

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Thanks for the site I am still looking to get as many ideas as possible as I develop this budgeting system. I will be posting a VBA questions soon as I am a novice VBA programmer. But our current budgeting process really needs some automation.

Thansk
GP

Upvote 0
I know this isn't the answer you probably want to use but I use quickbooks to create my budgets and then from within quickbooks export them an excel file so that I can get them to look better than what quickbooks can do.

Upvote 0
I have a full budget system built into Greatplains. I have 150+ Excel files (each department) that great plains produces. I am looking for solutions to get the info to the departments more effiently and recieve updated forecast back from each department. Thansk

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back