Bug? Macro buttons resizing and moving around

paul_taylor

I'm seeing the following behavior.

1. Macro buttons randomly moving around
2. Macro buttons randomly resizing--going smaller (not even buttons I'm clicking)
3. Occasionally I'm getting weird stuff visually on the ribbon, showing little boxes below the ribbon headers such as below File a small box with an F in it, below Home small box with H in it, below the save icon above it a 1 with a box around it, next to redo and unco a small box with 2 then 3 in it.

I saw this solution: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394708&highlight=option+button+changing+size

But I can't find the file in question. I looked in users/app data/roaming/microsoft/excel

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
What macro buttons?

As for your item 3) ... those are the keyboard shortcut help displays.

Upvote 0
What macro buttons?

As for your item 3) ... those are the keyboard shortcut help displays.

Yes I assumed that. I've never seen them displayed until this other stuff was happening, so I thought it was pertinent to include that detail.

There are a lot of various macro buttons: regular rectangle command buttons, drop down lists, shapes with macro's assigned, etc.

Additionally: this may have occurred when connected to Gotomeeting. I read another post somewhere that said this might have happened to someone when they opened the file on a computer with different resolution, and gotomeeting does a thing where it changes your computer resolution when you start. ??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back