Build cost worksheet

Lisao73

I am new to excel. I am currently building an extension to my property and wanted to create an excel file to keep track of the costs. I can do the simple one-page sheet that totals the amounts at the bottom, but what I would like to do is to also keep track of expenditure with each supplier on a separate sheet. Is there a way to do this automatically?? Do I set up a sheet for each supplier then use a formula to collate all of the sheets onto one separate total cost sheet? or can I enter all expenditure on one master sheet and create a formula to extract the data automatically based on supplier??

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Sounds like creating an expenditure sheet, then create another sheet as a "summary" of total expenditures for each supplier; which depending on setup, could probably be done easily by simply pivoting the 'supplier expenditures'

Upvote 0
Thanks but not sure that's what I'm after ... I can track expenses that's easy but I want to extract expense from each supplier onto separate sheets

Upvote 0
If you have seven or less suppliers, the link provided to a download will accommodate your needs. Each 'category' can be a supplier. The sheet is already set up to track your spending in each category - has the ability (up top) for you to establish a budget for each category and will track your expenditures for each category - showing you the percentage of overall spending vs each category. Plus on the second page it provides a bar chart for visualization.

Having one sheet for each supplier is feasible, using formulas to transfer the data to the appropriate sheets. However, with limited knowledge of Excel and formulas, the download may be a good direction for you.

I'm certain if having multiple sheets is your goal, you will receive assistance. I'm not very good at formulas though. Sorry. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me either lol ... thanks for pointing me in the right direction I will take a look at the download

Upvote 0
Have a look at sumif, something like this, with your list of supplier in your total sheet and your suppliers and expenditure on sheet1. =SUMIF(Sheet1!A2:A10,A2,Sheet1!B2:B10) where Sheet1 A2:A10 is the suppliers name and sheet1 B2:B10 is the expenditure and suppliers name in A2:A?? of your total sheet put this in B2.

Upvote 0
you could also look at using VBA to copy / paste the supplier rows to each individual supplier automatically, but I'd be sticking with the PivotTable method if you can.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back