Building a functional form issue

edebe

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Good evening to all, I would like to ask for your help to solve the following issue.

I designed the basic structure of a database (tables and relationships), and now I've to develop a general form. It needs to contain all the fields of all the tables sorted accordingly to these tables.

Sub-forms are not an option because they make it difficult to proceed with data entry in a practical/doable way.

I also tried to add a tab control in which each page corresponds to a specific table, but that doesn't work either because even if a specify to which tables they are connected when I proceed with data entry the program doesn't recognize this connection made.

This brings me to ask for your help about how I can design a functional form that will contain all the fields of the tables.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I suggest you post a pic of those relationships. Also, build a query that connects "all" of these tables (3? 100?) and try to add and edit a record. If you cannot but need to be able to do that you have a problem and will waste your time trying to design a form. Your comment about subforms is interesting given that they are often the norm and the best way to relate records. That makes me think your tables are not normalized. So many Excel users create tables like they would spreadsheets - so much so that it's often referred to as Excelitis or 'committing spreadsheet'.

Upvote 0
@edebe
Can you tell us more about
It needs to contain all the fields of all the tables sorted accordingly to these tables.
Forms typically deal with 1 table. If related tables (1 to M relationships) are involved, then the table(s) representing the M side of relationship are typically implemented as subforms.

What is the subject matter of the database? Is it to support a business?

Perhaps you could describe the purpose of the proposed database in 3 or 4 lines of simple, plain English --no database jargon.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back