Building a Pricing Calculation Sheet

Spyderturbo007

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to build a pricing sheet that requires user input and then calculates pricing based on multiple entries. I created a matrix, with the help of @Fluff and am able to pull a value for from the matrix for the user input. Once I have that value, there are various modifiers based on the customer selection. Some customers select certain modifiers and others don't select a modifier.

What's the best way to handle something like that in Excel?

For example if someone wants things bagged individually, that's an additional $0.50. If they want custom labels, that is $0.25/each. They can pick and choose and those things get added to the price of the item and then multiplied by the total quantity.

Do I just use a bunch of drop down boxes for Yes / No and then have Excel do a VLOOKUP / HLOOKUP with one having a price of $0 and the other having the price of the option?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I'm sure that the need is clear in your mind and perhaps to others smarter than me on the list but I for one cannot visualize what you need. It may help to post a portion of the worksheet using Mr Excel's excellent addin called XL2BB. See here.

Or, perhaps you could post the workbook using a link to it in 1Drive or Dropbox. Put some notes into it using a text box so your need is more clear.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back