Building "Audit" system in Excel

JaredMcCullough

I was wondering if anyone had any experience developing an "audit" system in excel?? So as to I might not have to create it from scratch. Right now I am just entertaining to see what others might have done and do not have any specific requirements for how it functions or style of it..............

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Can you be more specific? If you set up share a workbook or sheet you can use track changes to provide an audit list.

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific? If you set up share a workbook or sheet you can use track changes to provide an audit list.

Trevor thanks for the reply....my end goal is to build a format that I can create a system to build audit reports in but as this is kind of a broad statement I was wanting to see if anyone had something already in place that could maybe be adapted to more of what I was looking for. I would like to be able to generate various company audits using the same system....maybe if you could explain a little more about your technique I could better determine if it would apply?

Upvote 0

Another way to look at it would be a way to easily enter a set of data...(The audit questions and references) into a worksheet then have a second step to enter the outcomes after the audit was performed for each of the questions.....then have a final way to translate deficiencies to a separate worksheet...I guess my initial reaction was to see if anyone had already established a Audit system in excel and from there if not I will try to build it piece by piece based upon my desired outcomes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back