Building automatic financial reporting file

keluke

Hello,

First post, so be gentle o_O

The workbook consists of two different types of worksheets:

1.) We'll call this one the "Summary" worksheet (in which there will only ever be one of)
2.) We'll call this one the "Center" worksheet (in which there could be 1 to many)

In row 1 (and descending) will list all open "accounts" in a company (several hundred)...then using a suppress zero macro to limit which accounts have values when I run my program I should have my basic "Summary" worksheet complete.

I believe I can create the macro to suppress zero's using a record macro, but the problem is if I have to repeat this set for every "Center" worksheet? Or is there a method for copying and pasting the VBA code from worksheet to worksheet?

/ Secondly, I will be using a program called "F9" to run these files overnight and I can have the program space out when each individual file is run, but when it gets to a workbook that has 100 "center" tabs I have a sneaky feeling it will time out.....so when the macro runs to suppress zeros it there a way to lag it? Some sort of time delay to say, "If there are three worksheets, "A" "B" "C" have macro run "A" wait 5 min and then run "B" wait 5 min and then run "C"?

Thank you for your help

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
welcome to the board :)

What do you mean by "suppress zero's"?

The generally accepted way to store data in excel is to have all data on 1 sheet, and then to run summaries from that - is that what you are trying to do?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back