Bulk Emails with multiple variations

ComputerNewbie1992

Hi All,

I have an idea of what I would like the spreadsheet to do however I have ZERO experience with VBA or coding and I've relied heavily on formulas in the past. I've created an example spreadsheet to try to explain what I'm trying to achieve but basically, I'm looking for a spreadsheet which works as follows:
  • Tick boxes of companies you want to send email to - if multiple are ticked, then multiple emails will be sent.
  • 'Point of Contact' and 'Date' will be referred to in the email body.
  • Press [Send] will provide a draft email which can be checked before sending.
    (In the past I've been unable to populate my default signature, as this will be utilised by different members of my team, I cannot have the signature as part of the email body)
Sorry I can't upload a Mini-sheet as my companies admin permissions are restrictive but I can send a copy of the spreadsheet via email if it'll be helpful.

Thanks in advance :)
Greg

To:[Emails addresses associated with Company #]
Cc:Boss@outlook.com
Subject:[Generated from Cell]
Email Body:Hi [Point of Contact],

We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the market.

Please provide your RSVP by [Date] to register your interest

Regards
[Signature]

Attachments

• Example.PNG
    Example.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 21
Place an "x" (lower case) in column C and run this macro:
VBA Code:
Sub CreateEmails()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim OutApp As Object, OutMail As Object, rng As Range, fnd As Range, x As Long
    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    For Each rng In Range("C6", Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
        If rng = "x" Then
            Set fnd = Range("J:J").Find(rng.Offset(, -1).Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
            If Not fnd Is Nothing Then
                x = fnd.CurrentRegion.Offset(1).Cells.Count - 1
                Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
                With OutMail
                    .To = Join(Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Range("J" & fnd.Row + 1).Resize(x).Value), ";")
                    .cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
                    .Subject = Range("C2").Value
                    .HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
                    .Display
                End With
            End If
        End If
    Next rng
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Thanks Mumps, this is great! Just 1 thing, is there a way for the email to populate my email signature? I've checked Outlook and my signature appears on both new emails and replies - is there a code to pull through my signature?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
was about to post a very similar code to above but If you change this section of the code:
VBA Code:
With OutMail
        .To = Join(Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Range("J" & fnd.Row + 1).Resize(x).Value), ";")
        .cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
        .HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the       market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
        .Display
End With

to this

VBA Code:
With OutMail
        .display
        signature = newEmail.htmlbody
        .cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
        .HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
        .htmlbody = .htmlbody & signature
end with

it will add the signature of the individual user sending the mail. You will need to "Dim signature as string" also at the start of code. I think if you also change the

VBA Code:

to

VBA Code:
.HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & range("B15").value

it will take the message body from the cell in your worksheet and give the ability to change the message text each time based on what it is you type in the cell of the worksheet (for future proofing as you put it), without having to edit the vba code each time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T
was about to post a very similar code to above but If you change this section of the code:
VBA Code:
With OutMail
        .cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
        .HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the       market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
        .Display
End With

to this

VBA Code:
With OutMail
        .display
        signature = newEmail.htmlbody
        .cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
        .htmlbody = .htmlbody & signature
end with

it will add the signature of the individual user sending the mail. You will need to "Dim signature as string" also at the start of code. I think if you also change the

VBA Code:

to

VBA Code:
.HTMLBody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & range("B15").value

it will take the message body from the cell in your worksheet and give the ability to change the message text each time based on what it is you type in the cell of the worksheet (for future proofing as you put it), without having to edit the vba code each time
Thanks Gordsky,
Sorry I am useless at VBA - how would I add the "Dim signature as string"?

Upvote 0
T

Thanks Gordsky,
at the very start of mumps code about line 2 or 3 it will say something like 'dim outapp as object'. At the very end of that line just add ",signature as string"

Upvote 0
.To = Join(Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Range("J" & fnd.Row + 1).Resize(x).Value), ";") .cc = "Boss@outlook.com" .Subject = Range("C2").Value .HTMLBody =
T

Thanks Gordsky,

@gordsky - I made the changes you mentioned initally but now it's only showing the Signature, nothing else. I also get a run-time error '424' which says there is an Object required.

Have I done something wrong?

Sub CreateEmails()
Dim OutApp As Object, OutMail As Object, rng As Range, fnd As Range, x As Long, Signature As String
For Each rng In Range("C8", Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
If rng = "x" Then
Set fnd = Range("J:J").Find(rng.Offset(, -1).Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
With OutMail
.display
Signature = newEmail.HTMLbody
.cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
.HTMLbody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
.HTMLbody = .HTMLbody & Signature

End With
End If
End If
Next rng
End Sub

Upvote 0
@gordsky - I made the changes you mentioned initally but now it's only showing the Signature, nothing else. I also get a run-time error '424' which says there is an Object required.

Have I done something wrong?

Sub CreateEmails()
Dim OutApp As Object, OutMail As Object, rng As Range, fnd As Range, x As Long, Signature As String
For Each rng In Range("C8", Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
If rng = "x" Then
With OutMail
.display
.cc = "Boss@outlook.com"
.HTMLbody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & "We wanted to let you know about an exciting product which we are looking to release to the market." & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"
.HTMLbody = .HTMLbody & Signature

End With
End If
End If
Next rng
End Sub
when it gives you the runtime error if you click debug it should highlight the line of code causing the error. Which line is it

Upvote 0
when it gives you the runtime error if you click debug it should highlight the line of code causing the error. Which line is it
change

VBA Code:

to

VBA Code:
Signature = outmail.HTMLbody

I can see also that you have the range as "C8" whereas in Mumps code it is "C6" is that correct for your worksheet.

If you want to do what you said origionally and use text stored on the sheet as your email body then you also need to change the

VBA Code:

to

VBA Code:
to .HTMLbody = rng.Offset(, 3) & "<br><br>" & range("B15") & "<br><br><br><br>" & "Regards,"  '<- change the B15 to the cell where your message is located

Upvote 0
Those details come from cells within the sheet so I would guess that the layout of the form isnt as you first posted (I can see it has shifted by 1 cell on each post). Rather than back and forth supply the following info and I will amend the code.

Cell reference for PoC
Cell Reference for the first cell of your email body

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back