Bulk Import Named Ranges

smitpau

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a list of names and range references to load into name manager.

Do you know if there is a way to import them in bulk.

For reference I've tried create from selection but it can only store values not the range reference.

Example of name to import

Name_1=Database!$BF$1816:$DM$1822

Thanks,

Paul

That I know, BUT missed. Thanks for pointing out.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I know this one is pretty dated, but i searched for an answer to similar issue and then found this. I needed to create a whole new year's worth of named ranges in a book but not delete/rename the last years. After pasting my current named ranges to a sheet i easily got the names renamed - they are all the same except the year. In any case, with 2 columns of new range names (col1) and their actual new ranges specified (col2) i tried to the code in #4 from Joe4 and only got the names applying to the cells specified in col2. Had to shut down and try again, tried different codes but nothing worked. Long story short, and really the reason for registering again here was that when i went back to the code from Joe4 and re-wrote this line: Set rng = Range(Mid(sh.Cells(r, "b"), 2)), bit by bit, using the tool tips (or whatever those boxes are called that show the format to use), and it worked a charm. I don't know why the copy and paste of the code didn't work - and VBA did not like that line until it was re-written.
So, i thought i would come and upvote this answer because it works exactly as explained. Thank you so much. I had 2 books that needed entry of 54 named ranges each, so i am a happy, happy geek right now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back