OlekOleh

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a bulls-eye type graph, but instead of a single line I want to make bands, or regions (zones) that would highlight areas such as 10% to 20% is green, 20% to 35% is yellow, and +50% is red.

I was previously asked asked to create a few bulls-eye graphs for some monthly statistics. This was pretty easy as I just created scatter plots for 4 individual zone rings at 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% and then plotted a marker from 1 to 360 degres (THETA) as x and y coordinates using the raidus of the rings as 1, 0.75, 0.5, 0.25.

I created these rings by using the formula:

=r*cos(Theta*(PI/180)) and then just altered the radius as mention above.

My actual data points that were then ploted on this bulls-eye graph were created in the same way but the r value was the actual data percentages that I had (example - 14.5% would be 0.145*cos(THETA*(PI/180))). I manually changed the THETA value for each data point that actually had to be plotted because what was importance was the radius percetnage of 14.5% not the location on the graph.

As mention above I would like to create colored zones now but do not want to plot every single scatter plot from radius 0 to 100 just to get the right color for each zone.

Is there anyway to create a bulls-eye type graph but with colored regions that my data points would be within in excel?

Colored regions I'm looking at:
RED: above 50% or less than -35%
YELLOW: between 30% to 50% or between -20% to -35%
GREEN: between 10% to 30% or -10% to -20%
BLUE: between 0 to 10% or 0 to -10% (10% to -10%)

If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
Olek

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back