Button to hide buttons when going to print spreadsheet?

cloudforgiven

Hi I have a few buttons in my spreadsheet to add rows and columns based on the users input. Now When I go to print my spreadsheet these buttons appear in the PRINT PREVIEW. Now instead of manually deleting the buttons every time I have to print, how can I hide them using with another BUTTON?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Have you tried to set the range to just what you want to print> This is what I have done before when I have buttons that do stuff, but that don't need to be printed

Upvote 0
What do you mean range? I am printing a table and the table is not always the same size in terms of columns and rows? Unless the range function doesn't care about the table size?

Upvote 0
Ah I figured the range stuff out. but is there a way to do this meaning having a button to select the entire table?, when the table is constantly changing sizes?

Upvote 0
You can set the range in the Print options
Perhaps include 1 extra (blank) column at the side of your range, and set the print range to use that. Then, if you need to insert columns, that range should adjust automatically

Upvote 0
can this be implemented into a button? meaning the button selects the entire table then brings up the print menu? May I get a sample code?

Upvote 0
Its for my boss and for other people to use. They will be the ones to print it, and making a button to do this makes it easier for them(there useless when it comes to computers), than telling them select the table, go to print, then hit print selection. Using a button to do all of those 3 things is better, since its my reputation that will be on the line. Was hoping if you could give me some links or a sample code?

I know how to seclect the entire table its

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table1").Range.Select

now I need to make it go into print preview so that they can print? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Once you have set the print range, you don't need to do it again.

Or, if you feel the need, set the range in the print button

Upvote 0
Ye I figured it out its just 2 lines of code :),

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table1").Range.Select 'selects the entire table since its only 1 on the sheet'
Range("Table1").PrintOut 'then just print lol'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back