Calc $ amts based on diff between 2 dates

acs

I am trying to set up a formula that will only add the $ amounts in one column(say column B) based on an ending date at the top of the spreadsheet and the beginning date in another column. I only want to add "deposits received" between the beginning of the month and today's date. Today's date is at the top of the page, whereas all the days of the month are in column A next to the column with the $ amounts.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
acs said:
I am trying to set up a formula that will only add the $ amounts in one column(say column B) based on an ending date at the top of the spreadsheet and the beginning date in another column. I only want to add "deposits received" between the beginning of the month and today's date. Today's date is at the top of the page, whereas all the days of the month are in column A next to the column with the $ amounts.

In what column is "deposits received" in?

Upvote 0
Column B. So every workday of the month(format is date=1/18) is in column A, the current date is in cell E3, and the deposit received $ amounts are in column B, next to the date received. Since we forecast our deposits, there is a $ amount next to every day of the month, but I only need the total actual deposits to date. Does this make more sense?

Upvote 0
acs said:
Column B. So every workday of the month(format is date=1/18) is in column A, the current date is in cell E3, and the deposit received $ amounts are in column B, next to the date received. Since we forecast our deposits, there is a $ amount next to every day of the month, but I only need the total actual deposits to date. Does this make more sense?

If I understand correctly,

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"<="&E3,B1:B100)

Upvote 0
Thank you, thank you. The formula is beautiful, however I am now encountering a $0 result due to a circular reference. I would love to send you the actual worksheet, however I am new to this website and have no idea how to attach one. My IT guy is a freak about unauthorized downloads, so I can't download the utility listed below. Can I just email the spreadsheet to you?[/img]

Upvote 0
acs said:
Thank you, thank you. The formula is beautiful, however I am now encountering a $0 result due to a circular reference. I would love to send you the actual worksheet, however I am new to this website and have no idea how to attach one. My IT guy is a freak about unauthorized downloads, so I can't download the utility listed below. Can I just email the spreadsheet to you?[/img]

In what cell did you enter the formula?

Upvote 0
I just figured out the circular reference - I had not changed the value of a cell that included the E3 date, so once that was updated, the formula worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back