Calculate date

Alexxu

Board Regular
Hello all.
In my workbook i want to calculate a date with certain periods.
My table look like this:
Code:
A                    B                                                             C
Current Date    Period between tests                                         Next Period
11.03.2009      (here i have to choose 1;3;6 or 12 months)                          =(A1+B1)
                                                                                  e.g 11.04.2009
                                                                                or 11.07.2009,etc

My problem is:
1. I don't know how to write the formula from column C;
2. In the column C i wanted in the function to do the calculation, but i wanted to calculate that date minus 10 days.
e.g. instead of 11.07.2009 => 01.07.2009.
Could you help me?Please.
Many thanks!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Does this give the expected result?

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:75px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:75px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td >Today</td><td >Months</td><td >Next date</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td style="text-align:right; ">11/03/2009</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td><td style="text-align:right; ">01/06/2009</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Spreadsheet Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >A2</td><td >=TODAY()</td></tr><tr><td >C2</td><td >=DATE(YEAR<span style=' color:008000; '>(A2)</span>,MONTH<span style=' color:008000; '>(A2)</span>+B2,DAY<span style=' color:008000; '>(A2)</span>-10)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
Thanks Kelbo and Mr. Vog.
It seems that Mr. Vog's formula is PERFECT.
I have another small question.
Because one test takes place 1/week, if i try with days instead of monts, like:

1 month = 30 days;
3 months = 90 days;
6 months = 180 days;
12 months = 360 days;
1 week = 7 days.

How should i modify your formula?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back