Calculate Days between dates based on criteria

Just_Pat

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I am inquiring about this here because i am seriously stuck. I don't know if the solution is simple or complex in truth i don't exactly know how to search for it.

Here is a little background followed by my problem. I work on the service desk of a medium sized company we are a small team and we wear many hats. One of my new hats involves me creating a dashboard to shows generic information about the state of things in IT (regarding Requests and Incidents fulfillment) so we can establish KPI's. Our ticketing system does not allow the creation of a report/dashboard so everything needs to be done in Excel or other tools.

I found myself in trouble when i tried to establish if a request had passed a certain threshold lets say 10 days past it's requested target date.
I can get the information easily enough for 90% of the requests we have by using a simple IF formula =IF([@[Completed_Date]]-[@[Target_Date]=]=>10, "Breached", "Within SLA")but this is where it gets dicey.

In order to solve a different problem that i won't go into here all of our HR related requests use a different Target Date field so it shows up in a different column when i extract the data to excel.

My question is how do i get excel to look in a different column when the Request_Type is HR Related. I have dropped an example to help clarify things since i feel like my question is as clear as mud.

Link to file: http://www.filedropper.com/example_8

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
maybe: =IF(IF(ISBLANK(B2),C2-A2,C2-B2)>10,"Breached","Within SLA")

Upvote 0
Solution
I think this might be what i'm looking for let me try it out in my dataset

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back