Calculate entire worksheet

sopranoiam

Board Regular
Is there a way to calculate an entire worksheet which has autosum totals in several places thru out the sheet. I tried to highlight the whole sheet and then press F9, but it doesn't seem to work. Suggestions?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
F9 should calculate the entire workbook; Shift+F9 should calculate only the current worksheet. What didn't re-calculate when you hit F9?

Upvote 0
The autosums didn't update for some reason. Up until now I had been going in and calculating each autosum total individually, but what I am doing now has 7 identically formatted worksheets and it was becoming tedious. The F9 or Shift F9 doesn't work, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I highlight the sheet in the top left and nothing changes or updates when I press either.

Upvote 0
You should check Tools... options. Click on the calculation tab and make sure the calculation is set to automatic. Although, if the F9's not working, I don't know if this will make a difference.

Upvote 0
FWIW - according to Walkenbach, Ctrl+Alt+F9 is an undocumented key sequence that supposed to force a recalc of everything if for some reason Excel isn't responding to F9 like it should.

Upvote 0
Got it! Thank you. For some reason some of the formulas didn't carry over, I haven't had that happen before, they were just values. It works now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back