Calculate number of days on/off in a continuos work system per month - SUMIFS??

M Frs

Hello,
off days

<tbody>
</tbody>
ABCD
work days

<tbody>
</tbody>
StartEnddaystype
01/01/201512/01/201512off
13/01/201511/02/201530work
12/02/201523/02/201512off
24/02/201525/03/201530worl
workoff
Jan1912
Febr......
Mar......

<tbody>
</tbody>

I need to calculate the on/off days of a continue work system within a particular month. The continue work system is 30 days working, and than you get 12 days off, but I need to bring that into months (Jan/Feb/...) while the work system exceeds the month end limits. The file needs to be flexible so that it can be also 30 days, 14 days or any other combination.
I have a column A with the start date, column B with the stop date after 30 days, than the next row, is the start date of the 12 days off, and in column the end date. Column C calculates the days (12 or 30) and column D gives the description on the work system (working or off), column D is in fact the same as column C. As you can see, I'm not a wizard in this things, so I hope I don't seem stupid asking the same kind of question, but the additional difficulty to the SUMIFS questions already answered on this website is that the # of days is a range, not 1 particular day. I actually don't know whether I will need to use SUMIFS or any other formula.

I don't know whether I could add the file to this forum, but it doesn't seems like.

Can someone assist me in the formula? In case I was not clear explaining my issue, please come back to me.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi Everybody,

It seems to be a difficult request as nobody answered yet.
Can you have a look into this as I need it quite urgently? Or am I not clear enough?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back