CALCULATE(SUM(...) Problem

eliwaite

I am trying to figure out what % of active salespeople have sold a given product that meet a certain threshold. Here is an example of a my data:

NameQuarterProductRevenue
JohnQ1Apples15
MaryQ1Apples30
JohnQ1Apples10
JimQ2Oranges25

<tbody>
</tbody>

Lets focus on Q1. To figure out how much someone has sold I have the following formula: Total Won $ Q1:=CALCULATE(SUM(Revenue),FILTER(Table,[Quarter]="Q1"))

I then have another field to set the threshold, which looks like this: Threshold:=20
In order to get a total count of sales people I have the following formula: # of Salespeople:=DISTINCTCOUNT([Name])

I then have the following formula to figure out the percentage of salespeople that have sales over 20: % of Salespeople with Won in Q1:DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT([Name]),FILTER(Table,[Total Won $ Q1]>[Threshold]&&[Quarter]="Q1")),[# of Salespeople])

With those formulas these are the outputs I get in the pivot table:

Total Won $ Q1% of Salespeople with Won in Q1
Apples5550%
John25
Mary30100%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now I would have expected John to show as 100% and the total for Apples to also be 100%. As I play around with my Threshold, if I set it to 15 John will show up as 100%, if I set it to 16 John will show up as a blank. It appears that the filter function comes across that first record, sees it is less than 20and ignores the rest of the Apples John has sold in Q1, which if summed would have qualified him to be counted.

Can anyone point out what is wrong with my formulas and how to modify it so I get the expect result? Thank you

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Sorry for slow reply, have been a busy lizard.

I suspect the problem is here:
FILTER(Table,[Total Won $ Q1]>[Threshold]&&[Quarter]="Q1")

Realize you are filtering 1 row at a time here... so Revenue=15,30,10 will each be evaluated, not 25,30.

I would try replacing Table as the first param with VALUES(Table[Name]) and see if that magically works :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back