Calculate towards a date with two subtractions

Excelquestion35

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

Currently dealing with what I thought would be easy to fix, yet seemed harder in reality.
For a forecast I have to calculate a date on which a move can be finished. The idea is as follows, we want to move 250 pallets a day for this specific move (either on a mon-fri or mon-sat workweek).
However, at the same time our outbound process of approximately 200 pallets a day will also continue.

The move can be started from the first of July next year, while the outbound process will continue all year long (in a mon-fri operation). Thus, at the start of the move already (11 * 200 pallets) have been moved.
Based on some volumes (between 0-12000 pallets, since 12000 is the capacity of the warehouse) that we want to move we want to calculate which date is feasible.

Now the date it is calculated solely on the 250 pallets that will be moved a day.
Any idea how I can incorporate the 11 days prior days into the formula and also the regular 5 day workload of 200 pallets?

The formula in column F is as follows:
Excel Formula:
=WORKDAY($D$2,ROUNDUP(B7/$E$31,0))

I tried subtracting the 200 pallets a day in the roundup formula, but then I end up with dates even before the move has started..

Your help is much appreciated :)

1663080913400.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back