Calculate vs Calculate full Rebuild

wiscokid

Board Regular
I inherited a VB macro which contains both calculate and calculatefullrebuild statements.

I converted them all to calculate and I wasn't getting the correct answers when I ran the macro. I also tried calculatefull and still did not get the correct answers in my workbook.

Only when I use calculatefullrebuild do I get the correct answers. the only problem is that the calculatefullrebuild statement really slows down my macro. And a task which used to take me 15 minutes to run, can take 2x 3x

What is the difference between calculate and calculatefullrebuild?
Also, how can I reduce the processing time?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
The CalculateFullRebuild method forces a full calculation of the data and rebuilds the dependencies for all open workbooks. Dependencies are the formulas that depend on other cells. For example, the formula "=A1" depends on cell A1. The CalculateFullRebuild method is similar to re-entering all formulas.

The CalculateFull method forces a full calculation of the data in all open workbooks. You may want to use that instead.

Upvote 0
I tried the calcualtefull statement as well, and did not get the correct answer, only when I used calculatefullrebuild. And the workbook is self contained (doesn't depend on other spreadsheets).

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back