Calculating a sum in one column based upon the criteria in two other columns

Lsullivan1360

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have a scenario that I am having difficulty figuring out. I am new to the extra functions in excel and could use some advice.

I have a sheet that Column J is User name, Column L is a dollar amount. I have a small grid/table of the user names in which I have Column S = Rep Name, Column T, Loss Count (=COUNTIF($J$2:$J$201, S2) ), Column U Loss Count < $500 (=COUNTIFS($J$2:$J$200,$S2,$L$2:$L$200,"<500" ) ), Column V Loss > $500 (=COUNTIFS($J$2:$J$200,$S2,$L$2:$L$200,">=500" ) ) and column W as total loss amount (=SUMIF($J$2:$J$200,$S2, $L$2:$L$200) ).

What I am having problems with is in Column X I have Sum of Total Losses < $500 for the rep and Column Y is Sum of Total Losses > $500.
The cells need to look at rep in column s, compare to line item on the spreadsheet to see the rep name, get the loss for over or under $500 and them sum those in the appropriate column for that rep.

Any assistance or suggestions would greatly appreciated. I have been pulling out my hair on figuring this one out.

thank you,
L

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
A little confused as to what is where with your description, not sure if column X is the data source or the location for the formula. Does this help?

=SUMIFS($L$2:$L$200,$J$2:$J$200,$S2,$L$2:$L$200,"<=500")

Upvote 0
Thank you Jasonb75, that did exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I was having problems with the sumifs function. I very much appreciate your help.

L

A little confused as to what is where with your description, not sure if column X is the data source or the location for the formula. Does this help?

=SUMIFS($L$2:$L$200,$J$2:$J$200,$S2,$L$2:$L$200,"<=500")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back