Calculating all possible combinations and settings.

Manidontevenknow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
Firstly, I’d like to thank you for reading my post. I’m looking forward to learning from the otherworldly intelligent people this awesome place seems to have.

I’ve created an automated trading system and have an automated optimizer that crunches and feeds back results in excel format. (Current forward tests as is I’m up 21% this month. Will post a picture of my 3C dashboard at the end of this.)

Im a fresh data science student I’m challenging myself to become smarter everyday. This is partially where this project came from.

I have 17 possible settings that range from 1 - 600 each.

I have 2 additional settings that range from 1 - 22 each. I believe these can be accepted as a multiplayer for the prior 17 settings. Meaning if 1 of these changes. The prior 17 could be totally different settings. Yet still within 1 - 600 possibilities.

I’m struggling with 3 things possibly because my mind is numb and flew the coup.

1- I’d like to learn how to approach calculating the total possible combinations. As a reference later to determine how much smarter I’ve learned to work through navigating this project.

2- I’d like to learn better ways to approach such a monumental task. For the past month I’ve been brute forcing through what I call a branching method( think family tree) and looking for advanced stopping points that I can move to my new baseline.

3- I’d like to learn new things that I have not considered yet throughout this. To learn from anything you beautiful people would like to throw at me.

Thank you for humoring me and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

The man who doesn’t even know

Attachments

• B00C5FF7-A6F1-4FD5-B21A-9AB787A14E41.jpeg
    B00C5FF7-A6F1-4FD5-B21A-9AB787A14E41.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Oh and I suppose that I did t mention much of excel. I wanted to add that I’m using excel for nearly everything in this project. From helping me to crunch numbers, visualize the data, and of course record keeping.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back