Calculating handicap from table in descending order using sumproduct

chuckf201

I'm trying to calculate a billiard players handicap (wins/Total games) using 'Lname', 'Total Wins', and 'Total Games'. The formula I'm
using works great for the complete table. The table is sorted by date, ascending order with oldest date in row 1.
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(tblHistory[Total Wins]>0),--(tblHistory[Lname]="lane"),tblHistory[Total Wins]) / (SUMPRODUCT(--(tblHistory[Total Games]>0),--(tblHistory[Lname]="lane"),tblHistory[Total Games]))
This gives me the handicap for the entire table.
I would like to calculate handicap for the last 100 games played from tblhistory[Total Games].
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Perhaps something like this to find the 100th most recent bases on date (change the [Dates] column name to match your actual table).
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(tblHistory[Total Wins],tblHistory[Lname],"lane",tblHistory[Dates],"<="&LARGE(tblHistory[Dates],100))/SUMIFS(tblHistory[Total Games],tblHistory[Lname],"lane",tblHistory[Dates],"<="&LARGE(tblHistory[Dates],100))

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back