Calculating how many things I can make

Ramballah

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

Today I have a problem which is most likely to be a really simple mathematic question, I feel really stupid already because it looks really easy.
Anyway I want to calculate how many products I can make with my current materials.

For example:

Banana
40​
5​
8​
Apple
70​
10​
7​

I have 40 bananas and 70 apples. It takes 5 bananas and 10 apples to make 1 product. So by dividing I can see that I can make 7 products because I don't have enough apples for another product.
I can easily see it like this but honestly speaking this feels way too complex. Because some products require many other different materials too. (this example is obviously with apples and bananas to avoid leaking info).

Is there a way where I can just fill in how much I have of each product and it will just tell me how many I can make? like this for example:
Banana 40
Apple 70
----------------
product 7

Thanks in advance,
Ram

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You basically have the process. For any given product, divide the amount of each ingredient you have by the amount needed for one product. Round down to the nearest whole number. Do that for each ingredient, then take the smallest result, and that's your final result. Yes, it can be automated, it just depends on the layout of your worksheet.

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
FORMULAS  
E3:E6       =I2  
E7:E11     =I4  
F3:F11     =D3-(E3*B3)

Download workbook : Inventory To Build.xlsx
not to be rude but I dont think that this is what I was looking for? this sheet confused the hell out of me.
I just need a simple formula that shows me how many items I can make with my current stock like shown in my example in the post..

Upvote 0
not to be rude but I dont think that this is what I was looking for? this sheet confused the hell out of me.
I just need a simple formula that shows me how many items I can make with my current stock like shown in my example in the post..
Ah this sounds really dumb but I can just use the =MIN function which I finally figured out lol. sorry yall.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back