calculating my pipeline backwards

trytoexcelatexcel

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to calculate my pipeline backwards. I hope I can explain clearly here.

The premise is:

If I start with 100 USD in my pipeline and I have a win ratio of 20% I will win 20 USD.

This 20 USD will move to the next stage (stage A) where there is already another amount (i.e. 50 USD).

I will then add up 20 + 50 and multiply this by a win (or cxl ratio) so for example if I have a 20% cxl ratio I would have a 80% win ratio.

70 * 80% will give you 56, this 56 is then added by what is already in the next stage (stage B) and this process continues so on and so forth.

There are some tricky parts to it where 25% of 20 might skip stage A and head straight to stage B.

I have to be honest and say it is quite hard to explain here but this is the main idea. I have provided a file where I have calculated forward in my pipeline and was able to get an ending value but I am having trouble calculating backwards to get the same value as before.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Oh dear I can't find where to attach a file here. Let me try posting first and then figure out how to make an attachment.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1247036-math-problem.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back