Calculating Number Needed to Hit Percentage

raytehawsome

Hi There,

I am wondering if I could get some help. At work we calculate customer satisfaction with NPS surveys, which is percentage of promoters (rating of 9 or 10) minus percentage of detractors (rating of 6 or below). Our NPS score is calculated as ((Promoters/Total Surveys)-(Detractors/Total Surveys). With that, I currently have this set up in Excel:

Quarter NPS
NPS79%
Promoters30
Passives1
Detractors3
Total # of Surveys34
<colgroup><col width="144" style="width: 108pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5266;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Yellow is what I change, NPS is set up as =(B3/B6)-(B5/B6), and Total # of Surveys is just =C4+C5+C6.

I would like to create an additional an additional line below, # of Promoters to 90%. I have used Goal Seek to find the number, but I have not figured out a way to display it. I am wondering if I could get some help from someone to figure out a formula in order to figure out how many more Promoters I need to hit a certain percentage. I appreciate the help, and thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
if you entered ... # of promoters needed ... into B4, and move the other three items down one cell each (to B5, B6 and B7), AND if you changed the formula for NPS to ... (c4/c7)-(c6/c7) ... AND ... if you added 'Goal' to E2 and whatever percentage was your goa(you mentioned 90% for example) into F2, then wouldn't you simply add the formula ... (f2*c7)+c6 ... into c4 ??

Or have I misunderstood what you were asking ?

Kind regards,

Chris

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your response! And I'm so sorry, but it was late last night when I posted this and I totally mistyped the formula. Here, I'll try to make it more clear:

AB
1Quarter NPS
2NPS71%
3Promoters20
4Passives1
5Detractors3
6Total # of Surveys24
7# of Promoters to 90%
<colgroup><col width="21" style="width: 16pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 768;"> <col width="144" style="width: 108pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5266;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <tbody> </tbody>

So here is my table. NPS (B2) is calculated as =(B3/B6)-(B5/B6). Total # of Surveys (B6) is calculated as =B3+B4+B5 (not C like I said last night). How do I create a formula for B7, which is # of Promoters to 90%?

Upvote 0
Thank you! Sorry, for some reason I couldn’t remember my password but got it all figured out. I shouldn’t be trying to post so late, too many errors!

Upvote 0
A​
B​
C​
1​
Promoters​
30​
2​
Passives​
1​
3​
Detractors​
3​
4​
NPS​
79%​
B4: =(B1 - B3)/SUM(B1:B3)
5​
Goal​
90%​
6​
Promoters needed​
36​
B6: =SUM(B1:B3) * (B5 - B4) / (1 - B5)

Upvote 0
for some reason I couldn’t remember my password
Just use the password reset functionality. If that doesn't work, use the "Contact Us" option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back