Calculating Pace using Days Passed

skling184

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for a way to use the number of working days passed to figure sales pace on a daily basis. I have the formula already to use (total sales) / # of working days passed * # of selling days in the month. I added a helper field for both areas to represent number of days passed, but not sure if this is the most appropriate way? Also I need this to update on a daily basis and the trouble I am having is data needs to be pulled from the next days cell. For example on 4/20 The formula is =(B18/B29) *26 , however the next day on 4/21 it would have to be changed to =(B19/B29) *26. Basically the reference cells need to change automatically each day and I do not know if this is possible.

Attachments

• With Pace.PNG
    With Pace.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 92

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
can you take the screenshots again but inlcude the column and row letters/rows so i can see which cells you are referring to

Id imagine using the $ symbol before =(B18/B$29)*26 would solve your problem but cant be sure without knowing which columns/rows you refer to

Upvote 0
Dave thanks in advance for the help! I will include a better screenshot for you. Below is an example of the formula I am using now and a better description of what I need to accomplish.

=(total / #ofdayspassed) * #ofworkingdays

=(B19/B31) *B30 ex. current formula but each day it needs to reflect a different reference cell.

=(B20/B31) *B30

=(B21/B31) *B30

=(B22/B31) *B30 and so on as the days progress.

Essentially, I need the formula to pull data from the bottom row each day, however there are 2 sides of information using a different number of working days.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• grosswithpace.PNG
    grosswithpace.PNG
    105.3 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
Hoping I am not asking for the impossible here. It seems like a simple enough concept to me anyway. Maybe someone else has an answer??

Upvote 0
=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),A$2:B$27,2,1)/B$31*B$30
try adding the $ sign to lock-in the references

Upvote 0
Thanks Tetra and Dave! I tried both of the formulas you suggested. I am still getting a zero for the pacing number which obviously isn't correct.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back