Calculating percent complete based on work days

leighsha101

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am trying to sort out how to determine what percent of a project is complete. I can figure out calculating the percent of days between two dates using this formula: =(DATEDIF([@[Start Date ]], TODAY(),"d")+1)/(DATEDIF([@[Start Date ]], [@[Due Date ]], "d")+1). But, this doesn't account for weekends. I know how to find number of days excluding weekends using the NETWORKDAYS.INTL. What I can't figure out, is how to make these calculations together. How do I determine what percent of a project is done, based on today's date, but excluding any weekend days.

Please help!

were you looking for a VBA solution or a formula solution?
I am an infant in terms of Excel use... I am unsure what VBA is. I was able to get it to calculate properly and provide the data I need. My new issue is that it continues to calculate after the due date, because the formula is calculating with Today().

Example - one of the tasks completed yesterday. As of yesterday, the projected % complete was 100%, as it should be. Today, it now shows 125%. How do I alter this =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]], TODAY(),1) so that it stops when due date arrives? This formula is calculating work days worked. I am also using =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]],[@[Due Date ]],1) to calculate work days planned for task. The percent complete is then calculated with the number for days worked divided by total work days.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I am an infant in terms of Excel use... I am unsure what VBA is. I was able to get it to calculate properly and provide the data I need. My new issue is that it continues to calculate after the due date, because the formula is calculating with Today().

Example - one of the tasks completed yesterday. As of yesterday, the projected % complete was 100%, as it should be. Today, it now shows 125%. How do I alter this =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]], TODAY(),1) so that it stops when due date arrives? This formula is calculating work days worked. I am also using =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]],[@[Due Date ]],1) to calculate work days planned for task. The percent complete is then calculated with the number for days worked divided by total work days.

1 is =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]],[@[Due Date ]],1)
2 is =NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Start Date ]], TODAY(),1)
3 is =O4/N4
1679443340518.png

Upvote 0
then look at post #8. It is a formula you just copy down the column.

Upvote 0
In post number 8 you enter your date you are "testing" for in the 1st row, not the Today() function.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back