calculating sales price with percentage fees, is it possible?

DigiDenny

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
EBay charges fees based on the total selling price, which includes shipping as well as taxes. Is there a way to calculate a price using excel 2010 using the original cost?

I would like to make exactly 30% on original cost.

Basically, I would like to know if it is even possible to calculate original cost +30%, add the fees and spit out a number that is exactly 30% profit on original $X investment after percentage fees?

I have searched Google and many forums but the only one that comes close is “(ITEM COST+EBAY FIXED+SHIPPING+(1-PROFIT))/(1-EBAY %)” However, when the price changes the profit is sometimes more and sometimes less than 30% and it seems that the (1-profit) just adds 70 cents.

Denny.jpg

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
what about:
"(1.3*ITEM COST+EBAY FIXED+SHIPPING)/(1-EBAY %)"

Upvote 0
That actually makes it worse. I reworked the picture to show the problem better. If i punch in the suggested sales price from G19 into G11, G19 changes to a closer number, until it levels out at $7.23. However, I have to manually change it 4 or 5 times before it is correct.

Attachments

• Denny2.jpg
    Denny2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
try:
"((1.3*ITEM COST+EBAY FIXED+SHIPPING)/(1-EBAY %))/(1-TAX)"

Upvote 0
I have tried that as well. I do not believe their is an accurate way to calculate a price that takes the item cost+ shipping + eBay fixed fee+ eBay % fee + taxes +30% profit on item cost. I believe that because of the percent variables that are calculated on the end price that it is impossible to do.

The reason that these formulas are not working is because when I calculate the exact costs after the price is calculated, it does not add up. Also, the 30% on the item cost changes drastically.

Thank you for trying to help :)

Upvote 0
give it one more try:
"((1.3*ITEM COST+EBAY FIXED+SHIPPING)*(1+EBAY %))*(1+TAX)"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back