HOK563838
REG563838
TRA56389,5
TRA9,5
TRA9,5
TRA9,5

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hi everybody, hope you can help me, i have a Table with the 4 columns.
What i want to do is be able to automatically calculate the Split, from the condition that Split and Price is empty.
It then needs to divide the split on all empty cells, until next cell with value shows up, can anybody help?
Kind regards Daniel

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Your sample data is inconsistent. In the first 2 rows, you have 38 with all 3 cells filled (fair enough). But in the 3rd row, you have 9.5 with all 3 cells filled. PLease provide sample data again and how to calculate the split if filled...or if one is empty, or if both are empty.

Upvote 0
Your sample data is inconsistent. In the first 2 rows, you have 38 with all 3 cells filled (fair enough). But in the 3rd row, you have 9.5 with all 3 cells filled. PLease provide sample data again and how to calculate the split if filled...or if one is empty, or if both are empty.

Hi jproffer, sorry you are right, i did not make myself clear.

What i want is that the split is divided on all the forthcoming empty cells, PLUS the first cell with values.

ccountPriceSpitSplit - manually calculated
HOK563838
REG563838
TRA56389,5
TRA9,5
TRA9,5
TRA9,5

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Here's a possibility:

Book1
ABCD
1AccountPriceSplitSplit - manually calculated
2HOK563838
3REG563838
4TRA56389.5
5TRA9.5
6TRA9.5
7TRA9.5
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2{=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/($C$1:$C2<>""),$C$1:$C2)/(MATCH(FALSE,$A2:$A1000=$A2,0)+ROW($A2)-2-LOOKUP(2,1/($A$1:$A1<>$A2),ROW($A$1:$A1))),"")}
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

WBD

Upvote 0
Thanks for your, try,i really appreciate it, however i just found out that in some cases the ACCOUNT name wont change when the price is split, so can you make it conditional only with the price or split? - kind regards

Upvote 0

Book1
ABCD
1AccountPriceSplitSplit - manually calculated
2HOK563838
3REG563838
4TRA56389.5
5TRA9.5
6TRA9.5
7TRA9.5
8END
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2{=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/($C$1:$C2<>""),$C$1:$C2)/(MATCH(FALSE,$C3:$C$1000="",0)+ROW($C3)-LOOKUP(2,1/($C$1:$C2<>""),ROW($C$1:$C2))-1),"")}
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

You'll need to add a non-empty value at the end of the "Split" column (example above) in order to make this work.

WBD

Upvote 0
You didn't use the formula from above; you changed the LOOKUP to VLOOKUP and omitted the IFERROR. If you copy the formula as provided rather than changing it, all should be well.

WBD

Upvote 0
Im sorry, it was a language issue,, my Excel 2010 version is in Danish and i LOOKUP is translated as VLOOKUP in Danish, now it works like a charm , thanks a LOT :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back