Calculating time differences

WxShady13

Board Regular
I have a Start Time and Stop Time column in my Excel spreadsheet that is feeding the Power BI reports. Time is entered in military time, however I cannot make Power BI Calculate the difference properly when the Start Time is one evening and the Stop Time is the following days morning (i.e. 18:00 - 05:00). How do I make this calculation work properly?

WxShady13

Board Regular
The problem I have with using Date Time is

A) The employees entering the time aren't trustworthy enough (i.e. they are manufacturing people, not computer savvy) to always remember to enter the correct date
B) I could use an IF statement on the Excel based off Shift but that won't pull into PowerBI

sandy666

Ctrl + ; give you actual date , space is space :) then Ctrl+Shift+ ; give you actual time (all in the same cell)
this is for users who entering datetime

btw. PBI import values so you can use any IF or something

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drexl88

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...