Calculation of prices via summarizing percentages - duplicates only

DK4700

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Someone who can help me on this, please?:

I have a sheet containing all price changes received during the past year, 1 row for each item/change. Columns are all kinds of item specifications. I need some automation in calculating my future price less manually….
For those where I have received just 1 price change of e.g. 5 % it is easy to identify and calculate my new price.

But for some items the supplier has regulated prices more than once during this year (!). For every price change received we have registered the item number and the percentage regulation in 1 row. So, I need now to identify duplicates in column B (item number). For those items being registered in more than one row we must calculate the future total price for the item - considering the dates in column W to have the percentages being added in correct order. Today’s price is in column AB.

If my cost price of 100 EUR during the year was changed 2 % then 2 % and later 2 more %, we want to end up with the percentage 6,12 % in column BB (right now that one is empty) and the future price of 106,12 in BC (also empty at the moment). The final percentage and future price must show only in the row with the latest price change percentage. Other lines with same item number must show a text “transferred”.

Column B: Item
Column V: Regulation %
Column W: Regulation date
Column AB: Today’s price

Does this make sense? If anyone can help please feel free to ask for any further details if needed.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Can you upload Sample data using XL2BB. I can understand what you want but to populate a formula you need a starting point.

Upvote 0
Due to holiday in the office I do not have access to the master file, we will be back in 3-4 weeks. I can not reconstruct it, I just tried but it will not be accurate enough I'm afraid.

Lets continue ddialogue when we are back in office. Sorry for not having thought of this yesterday :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back