calendar in excel help

russoj5

Hi All,

I am a novice with Excel and I am trying to make a new calendar in Excel that automatically populates some data.

I have created a basic calendar that automatically populates the dates in each cell given the date that is entered in a separate cell.

My issue is used COLUMNS and ROWS to create the formula that automatically populates the cells. This was done with 6 rows and 7 columns.

I want to be able to add 6 more rows for each column so I can add text to the calendar. Before I add the additional rows, the formula works for the cells in the range, but when I add rows it disconnects from the copied formula. Is there a way to redo the formula so it skips from from cell I5 to C11 and so on so the empty cells can be used to add names and other data or is there another way I can go about this?

This is the formula I used for the calendar cells that is just 6 rows and 7 columns:
=COLUMNS($C5:G5)+(ROWS(G$5:G5)-1)*7-$B$6+$B$

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
This is what I have done so far. It will automatically populate the cells with the number of the date in the correct cell given the date entered in another cell.
A B C D E F G
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat
1 1 2 3 4 5 6
2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

What I want is this:

A B C D E F G
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat
1 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

I want to be able to skip 6 rows but still be able to add data to it later that doesn't affect the formula. It could be names or holidays or whatever. I want to have the formula to auto populate the cells 6-7 rows apart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back