Calender project

tdowns

Hi guys,

I've recently started working offshore and to kill some of the time I have I thought I'd try and create a comprehensive calender that tracks the following.
  • vessel worked on
  • sector worked in eg UK, US, Asia
  • days worked

I'd like to have a calendar that is perhaps linked to a searchable and sortable dataset so that I can for example see when I worked in a specific sector or when I worked on a specific vessel. ideally it will all be nicely color coded as well.

I'm basically looking for a little advice on how to start attacking this problem, is it a conditional formatting task or something that is best approached with a macro? I have little experience in either but plenty of time to learn.

any input would be great.

Tom

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hello! This sounds like a fairly major undertaking so you should really break this down to ask some smaller and more specific questions.

In the meantime here are some calendar routines that you can play with Martin Green's Excel Tips

Upvote 0
Ok so here it goes,

I've made a start and it seems that a lot of the functionality I'm after is provided by pivot tables and charts. I am however having issues getting the conditional formatting to work the way I'd like. The calender is getting highlighted in a single color but this is being achieved very manually. I went through and applied several CF rules that relate to the different rows in the start and end columns.
Ideally I'd like the highlighted dates to match the color of the vessel, any ideas how I might go about that?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNatUn3QbiudGM4anQwODc2X1NMTWJ3cnkzRExydXc&usp=sharing

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back