can excel save as a tif?

nick r.

is it possible to save an excel worksheet as a tif? or perhaps convert it to one?

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
you could use the print screen button (while viewing your excel file) and then paste into any program that handles graghics and then save as ".tif"

I have done this before..there might be a better way but this has worked for me.

dan

Upvote 0
Screen capture is as old as Windows, but few people take advantage of it.

Pressing PrintScreen captures the whole screen, while the key combination Alt + PrintScreen stores the active window (useful if you're not running full screen)

Nothing seems to happen (i.e., no message). Launch a program that handles graphics, press CTRL-V (Paste) and your spreadsheet-- including tool bars, etc-- will appear. You may then wish to crop.

TIFFs can get quite large (hey, I remember the days of 100K floppies!). You may wish to consider converting to fewer colors (256) or grayscale. You could also convert to JPG, which can be read by a wide variety of programs, and will dramatically reduce the file size.

Have fun!
P Manney

Upvote 0
thanks, folks. i am aware of the screen dump option, i was just wondering if there was a built-in way to do it from excel, or maybe an external program that could be used.
thanks again! and if anyone else has a comment, please post!

Upvote 0
Roy - I have ASAP, and I had never noticed that option. How wonderful! Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back