Can I change the colors of tabs and can I stack tabs?

zkiraly

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can change the colors of the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen. It would be nice if I could arrange my sheet tabs by color instead of having them all be gray. Also, it would be nice if the sheet tabs would stack above each other so that I would not have to scroll so much to see all my tabs. For example, when I point to the bottom of the screen, all my tabs would appear and all would fit on the screen stacked above and next to eachother. Then, when I move the mouse off of the tabs, they would disappear.

Any Ideas?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
You can color tabs in Excel 2002 or later.

Per the second question, try right clicking on the arrows to the left of your sheet tabs. That will bring up a list of all of your sheets, and may accomplish what you are trying to achieve.

Upvote 0
I order to get the tabs colored, do I have to type in all the code? I downloaded something from the link provided in the previous post and I can't see if anything actually changed. There were no specific installation instructions for the download.

Upvote 0
Open the VBE and drag Module1 into your workbook. You can then call the ChangeTabColor code to change your sheet tabs.

Smitty

Upvote 0
I think I've done everything, but it won't let me drag module 1. When I click on it and try to drag, I get a circle with a slash through it and it doesn't drag anywhere.

Sorry, I have no visual basic skills.

Upvote 0
You need to have another workbook open to drag the code module into, otherwise you will get the error as VBA has no where else to put it.

Smitty

Upvote 0
Pennysave,
I'm I driving you crazy yet?

I think I have the module copied into my workbook now. If I open up my workbook and view code, I can see the module 1 in there. When I view that code it looks the same as the tab color hack code. But when I select a tab and right-click on it, change color isn't an option.

Thanks for your continued responses. If you want to give up, that's fine. This isn't a must have. But I know there's no chance in getting an upgrade to excel 2002. So I'm trying to make do with what I have.

Upvote 0
I'd play with Ivan's workbook first so you can see what it does. It changes tab color by changing your system color. (See his disclaimer). You may not want to spring this on unsuspecting users.

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back