Can I Change The Default Size Of Filter Box?

HaydenJalili

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I use the little filter arrows a lot in excel 2007 and they are cool because of all the extra options and because it lists all your data with a check box so you can select many many variable - it's great - and I know I can change the size of the box all those choices are in by just grabbing the size handle at the bottom right corner and pulling it.

I am CONSTANTLY grabbing that handle and pulling down so I can see more of the filter list in one view - it really helps with scrolling long lists:

Is there a way to change the default size so it is bigger or am I required to grab that little handle all the time? (I'm a keyboard type - speed!)

There must be a VB code object parameter buried in there somewhere that tells the box how big to be when you activate the down arrow? Anyone know how to get to it and can I change the default size of perhaps change it's behavior to autosize or somthing?

Thanks for the help

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I don't believe that there is a simple setting/fix. If there is one at all, I suspect @Jaafar Tribak would be the active forum member most likely to know or figure it out. If not, I assume he will at least post to say so.

Upvote 0
Are you referring to an ActiveX combobox embeeded in a worksheet or in a userform ?

Upvote 0
@HaydenJalili

If you are still interested, you may want to take a look here:

Upvote 0
Are you referring to an ActiveX combobox embeeded in a worksheet or in a userform ?
I'd like an answer also. The issue is the size of the Filter box when a Filter is selected.
After setting AutoFilter for the sheet, select a Filter at the top of a column. A Filter box appears, listing Filter items that can be selected/ deselected. This box is typically too small, and I have to grab the edges to increase its size. Is there a way of setting a larger default size, to avoid having to drag the edges of the box to make it bigger each time?
Also - is it possible to move the default location of that same Filter box? I'd like it to default to a higher place on the screen.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back