Can I create an "If and If, then" for two drop down fields with PARENT values to get the CHILD Values? Quilt?

Wyntersommers

I'm trying to figure out how to select two values from a drop down list and then to to a table on another tab to pull out a sub value.

I have SIZE as a drop down (pulling from a named range)
I have COLOR as a drop down (pulling from a named range of parent colors, which have child colors).

When the COLOR is selected, one child color populates a different cell. Now what I'm trying to do is populate a cell next to the child color with a specific amount based on what was selected in the SIZE above.

SIZE (drop down: Small, Med, Large) {Cell A1}
COLOR (drop down: Sunset, Beach) {Cell B1}

If "Sunset" selected in {cell B1} color,
{Cell D2} Child Color 1:Red, (Need to populate yard amount in Cell D3 for Red fabric based on size selected in A1 )
{Cell E2} Child Color 2: Orange, (Need to populate yard amount in Cell E3 for Orange Fabric based on size selected in A1)
{Cell F2} Child Color 3: Yellow (Need to populate yard amount in Cell F3 for Yellow Fabric based on size selected in A1 )
==================================
Does anybody know how to do this?

Can I create a simple "If Size is X, AND Color is Y, then next to Child Color 1 is A, Child Color 2 is B, Child color 3 is C, etc" Type formula?
===================================
All the yard amounts needed are on the "Amount" tab and there is the list of Child colors for "Beach" in one table and Child colors for "Sunset" in another table on the same tab. :confused:

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
May I add one other complication is that the Parent Colors (in this example Sunset and Beach) both share sub colors in different amounts.

So
Beach Child 3= yellow for 3 Yards for size Medium
Sunset Child 3= yellow for 2 yards for size Medium

This is all in a chart, but I'm trying to get the correct "yellow" yards to show up when I click a certain size and Parent Color (and I have a gazzillion combinations in this spreadsheet, so any help you can give me would be ULTRA HELPFUL)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back