Can I do mail merge in which the data source is a pivot table?

Sf1802

Hello,
I have an excel file with different worksheet of the individual officer (i.e. 40 officers which means there are 40 worksheets) on their list of projects that they are managing and their involvement (by man-days) on each project. The data in each worksheet is presented in a table form and the information is pulled from a pivot table under the same excel workbook. I would need to send an email to the individual officer on their projects and the man-days every month, hence I would like to check if I can do a mail merge to pull the details from the individual worksheet? Or are there any methods that I can use to do that? Any advices are appreciated. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
A mailmerge can only reference a single data source (i.e. worksheet), so ordinarily that would mean the answer is no. However, if: (a) that worksheet contains a list of all the offers' names; (b) those names are the same as the officers' worksheet names; and (c) the desired output is a fairly simple Word table, you could combine the mailmerge with a Word DATABASE field to reference each of those worksheets. For an outline of that approach, see: http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-...using-one-excel-file-multiple.html#post123623. Amongst other things, the example there uses a single worksheet (named 'Detail'), but one could replace that with a mergefield that outputs the desired sheet name.

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you for getting back to me. Actually I’m still not as clear on how the word database works. Does it mean I need to have another worksheet with the list of officer names? Do I need vba for these? Is there a sample doc that I can refer do? ◡̈

Upvote 0
Yes, you do need a sheet with a list of officer names. There is a demo file in the link, which shows you don't need VBA. It also shows how the DATABASE field works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back