Can I Hyperlink Pie Chart Segments?

skinnea

Board Regular
I want to Pie Chart a set of closure codes (Successful, Failed, Cancelled, Rejected), each of which has 5 sub-codes (Failed with backout, Failed with impact, Rejected due to Conflict, etc etc).

When I Pie Chart the main codes I'd like to be able to click on, say, the Failed segment and have it take me to a Pie Chart for the Failed sub-codes.

Any way I can do this? :confused:

The alternative is of course just to have hyperlinks in cells to take me to the sub-code Pie Charts, but it isn't as funky! :cool:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

tusharm

MrExcel MVP
I've been thinking of this since I first saw your post yesterday. There is a way to do it. However, the methods (PivotTables or array formulas) I would use to do this kind of analysis would not be amenable to drill down via VBA.

Nonetheless, how are your data organized and how do you create the subcharts and the main chart?

skinnea

Board Regular
I was planning to use Pivot Tables, but would be open to other suggestions or ideas?

My data is organised as a straight extract from a reporting tool, so is rows and rows of data split by the same column heading (a standard data extract in fact).

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EVENTCATERING